Monday, February 06, 2006

 

Back On The Right Track

If you read my last post, you will already know that Liliana had a rough weekend. I thought maybe it was going to carry into this week, but today she showed me otherwise. Right when I saw her today I immediately saw a difference in her. Some of her swelling had gone down. She has been waking up a lot more. We were able to hold her. She looked at me for about 10 minutes while I was holding her and then tried to get some more rest. The nurses have been able to move her around and reposition her without her oxygen saturation dropping. Her sodium level which was low is almost back to normal. She has not been having any more mucus plugging. There is all the good news, now it is time for the not so good. The fluid around her lungs has not improved or worsened, but is still there. She is now starting to get some fluid build-up in her abdominal cavity. Just like the fluid around her lungs (pleural effusion) they do not know what is causing the fluid in her abdomen (ascites). Her previous heart, kidney and liver functions have been normal. Now they are going to check them all again to make sure that nothing has changed. She is still getting a lot of support on the ventilator, but hopefully as she starts to wake up more they can begin the weaning process again. She just looked like a happier baby today and I'm sure she feels a lot better. It's amazing how fast your spirits can be lifted when you can tell that your baby looks and feels much better. Wish I had some pics to post with this, but I do not. Maybe in the next couple of days I will be able to post some.

Comments:
Hi David and LeeAnn,
This is Emily Jo. I assume this is a good way of talking with you since I know that you both are very busy with your sweet little girl. Since I haven't been able to see you guys since Liliana arrived, I just want to let you know that I think about the 3 of you all the time and I pray for you continuously. Liliana is such a beautiful miracle. I follow her progress through your mom and now through your website. Every milestone she conquers makes me so happy. I hope she continues to progress. We love you guys. Hugs and kisses from me, Tom and Evelyn!
 
Thanks Emily, Tom and Evelyn. It is good to hear from you. Thanks for the prayers. Hopefully we will all be able to see you sometime again soon.
 
Hello, My name is Amanda Pottle and I work in Kennewick Wa with your aunt Cheri. She and i talked a little about Liliana and she sent me this site! I want you to know you are ALL in my family and I's prayers and I also added you to our prayer chain at church! May God bless you!

Amanda Pottle!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?