Monday, February 13, 2006

 

Hangin' in there.

Sorry it has been so long since my last post. Liliana is still doing good and working hard every day to get better. She is getting used to her trach and so are we. She was having some serious problems with mucous plugging her trach and not allowing her to get any air at all. Basically it was choking her and steps had to be taken immediately to clear them out. Fortunately, we have had one of her medications stopped and hopefully this problem will be resolved. Besides that, she has been more awake. I even got a couple of smiles out of her the other day. She is back to moving like she was before the surgery. The nurses have let us start doing more of her care to get us prepared for when she comes home. This is good because even though I am a nurse, working with a baby is much different. She has been tolerating CPAP for most of the day. Her respiratory muscles get tired in the evening and she needs to go back on AC for a while. This is good! Hopefully the more she goes on CPAP, the stronger her respiratory muscle will get. I know she can do it. I wish I had some new pictures to show you, but I don't. Keep checking back though because I will try and get some new ones on here sometime this week.

Comments:
David,

I love your blog and look at it often for an update. It is very clear that you love Liliana with all your heart! Thanks for being an awesome brother-in-law!

Stacey
 
Stacey,

Thank you for being an awesome sister-in-law. All of your help and support has been invaluable to us. You have made our lives a lot easier in this tough time. I can tell that you love us and Liliana with all your heart as well. Thank You!!!

Happy Valentines Day Sister!
 
Dave,
Everyone has a purpose in life. To me God's plan for you is clear. He guided you into the medical field not only to help other people, but so you would have the strength and knowledge to care for this precious little girl.

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Dad/Papa
 
That's so nice of you dad. You have helped in God's plan to raise me the way you did so that I would be successful and become a nurse. Maybe that was your purpose in life, and you have definitely succeded!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?