Friday, April 14, 2006

 

Still Trying to Find More Time to Update

Things have been busy, busy, busy around here. The highlight of my first day off from work was holding Liliana. I slept most of the day because I worked the night before. When I left for work that night I promised I would hold her for a long time the next day because I would be off. She always smiles when I pick her up and still have her in the air, it's so cute. She loves to get out of her crib. We try and put her in her rocker and hold her as much as we can. We can't just do that whenever we want to though. Sometimes we decide that it is best to leave her in her crib until her feeding is done running, it runs for 2 hours. When she gets too excited or is jostled around too much, she tends to spit up. We want to try and limit this as much as we can because if some of that would get into her lungs she could get a serious infection. Trying to sleep on my first night off was terrible. I think I slept for less than an hour around 2am and then was awake until around 1pm. I wasted some time reformatting the hard drive on our new computer because it had already gotten a virus. This was no fun task and took probably about a day, on and off, to complete. I don't want to ever do that again, but if I have to at least I know how to now. The next night of sleeping was much better which was a good thing because Liliana had a doctor's visit in the morning. The doctor's visit went great except for all of the waiting for the doctors. Liliana is growing like a week. I can't remember her measurements off the top of my head, but will try to remember to post them when I get a chance. She was seen by two doctors, one of which cauderized some granulous tissue around her g-button, she got an RSV shot, had an x-ray, and got a sticker. She was sleeping when they gave her the shot. It woke her up but she didn't cry. I don't think she even knew what happened. She wasn't too happy during much of the rest of her visit. She was crying for quite some time. That was around the time that we were waiting for one of her doctors. I don't think she likes to sit and wait around for too long, she takes after both of her parents. When things got moving again, she was back to her normal self. Later that night I got to take care of her myself again. She slept throughout the night with no problems. She had a couple hours of tummy time again which she enjoyed. The morning nurse arrived, I gave her report and went to bed. Now, here I am back at work. LeeAnn is home taking care of lili again without the help of a nurse. We had this opening because we had the scheduled nurse taken off of our case to help protect Liliana's health and safety. We're just happy it happened sooner than later although we wish that it would not have had to happen at all. There is good news though, LeeAnn's sister Stacey has been doing more research for us. She has gone out of her way once again to contact other nursing agencies in our area to help us get nurses to cover our needed hours. Things will hopefully start to look better soon. Thank you very much Stacey!!! That is all for now, I need to do some work here. Sorry, but I still do not have some new pictures to put up for you. Keep checking back though, I will have some up here soon.

Comments:
Good Morning All! Liliana has had a great night, she is an angel... Although I love to care for her, I am getting sleepy and looking forward to our 7am nurse to arrive. Liliana weighed 12 lbs 2 oz at our last doctors visit and was somewhere around 25-1/2" long!! She is thriving at home :) Cant wait for Daddy to post some current pictures of our little peanut! Much Love - "Mommy"
 
Hi Lili!
Tonight's my night to stay and help keep mommy awake. Hopefully I can do a good job. Papa and I will be there this afternoon and can't wait to see you.
We love you!!!
Nana
 
Hi David, LeeAnn, and Princess Liliana,
I'm sorry you guys are having a tough time with your nursing hours. I hope nothing too bad happened with the nurse you got rid of. I wish I could help you take care of Lili but I really don't have any time and I don't think I could do midnights anyways. Do you think you could get an inflatable mattress or a futon and sleep next to Liliana at night when you don't have a nurse? I think you would hear the oximeter if you were right next to her. It might be better than trying to stay up all night.
I think of all of you often. You are in my prayers every day. I can't wait to see some new pictures of Lili. I miss her beautiful little personality. I hope things get easier for you soon.
 
Thanks for your kind words David. I know that the perfect nurse is out there just waiting to be found. So, all we really have to do is find that someone (Cheryl, are you sure you don't want to give it a try??)!!
Can't wait to see all of you and I will keep you posted on my search !! Loads of kisses for Lili!!
 
Thank you for the kind words, Cheryl!! It is wonderful to hear from you and although we are having a tough time with nurses, Liliana is a joy to have at home!! It is amazing how she can brighten our days with just a simple flash of a smile or a little giggle!! She is really getting into "Peek-a-boo" and "I'm gonna get you" games...her eyes just sparkle with excitment! We think of you often & understand that you have prior commitments! Thank you for your prayers and you are in ours as well! Hope you had a nice Easter, let us know when you want to stop over for a visit!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?