Monday, August 07, 2006

 

In Lili's Words

I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth, so help me God. Oops, wrong hand!I'm getting so big. Mommy and daddy are the greatest parents in the whole world. My nurses have been great too. As you can see in the picture above, I am moving my arms a lot more, even when I sleep. I am able to put both arms up by my head. I like to play with my hair and my forehead. It is a lot easier for me to reach for and play with my toys these days. Mommy and daddy keep taking me off of my ventilator. It is nice to be off that machine. They hook me to a different machine that is almost as noisy. It blows cool air at my neck. They say that gives me oxygen and keeps my secretions from getting too dry. I like breathing on my own. That other machine doesn't give me too much freedom. Mommy and daddy make me so happy. I smile at them all day long. Sometimes they are really goofy and I laugh. They have been getting me out of my crib and even out of my bedroom a lot. Mommy likes to put me in the stroller and wheel me around the house. It is nice to see new things. Sometimes she even takes me out on the porch for a while. It is nice to be outside and feel the air on my face. I have a doctor visit this week. I can't wait to impress him with how well I have been doing off of the vent. I just wanted to drop you all a line an let you know that I am doing fantastic. For all of you who I have already met, I miss you and can't wait to see you again. For all of you who I have not yet met, I can not wait to meet you. I will write again soon.

Comments:
How cute. We didn't know she could raise her arms up all by herself. That is incredible. Nana and Papa cannot wait to see you Liliana!!! Hopefully tomorrow.
Hugs and Kisses...XOXOXOXOX
 
Way to go Liliana! You are doing so wonderful, we can't wait to meet you and see you do all of these new things. We are looking forward to your next update :)
 
Wow Lili- your hair is so long! Can I borrow some of it? I heard that you are waving-can you teach me next week when I visit? Maybe we can sit out on the front porch too if the weather permits. I continue to count down the days, and I hope that our schedules work so that we can see one another. See you soon! Love you!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?