Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

New Pictures And Updates

I'm very sorry to keep you all waiting for these updates. With all the love and attention that we try to give Lili, the BLOG is the last thing on our minds. Please understand. Thanks!

We had a doctor's visit last week. Lili is now 18 pounds 6 ounces. Her height is off the charts and her weight is average. They decided to increase her caloric intake to match her size. She now gets a larger volume of formula and we add rice cereal to thicken it and give her some extra nutrition. Dr. Relich, our favorite doctor, gave us some advice on how to fit Lili's weaning off the vent into our busy schedule. However, with Lili cutting some teeth, inconsistencies with her nap schedule, and our work schedules we are still having trouble getting into a routine. Speaking of teeth, Lili finally cut her top two teeth and she was/is miserable. I woke up only to come downstairs to a crying baby. I gave her some oragel and some motrin. She was fine for a while, but when the motrin wore off she was miserable again. I tried to take her off the vent for her weaning and she just was not having it. She was acting like she was ready for bed at 5pm which is odd since she has been staying up till between 7 and 8 pm lately. We let her watch Sesame Street till 6 since it is one of her favorites and we wanted to keep her up as late as we could so that she would get some good sleep throughout the night instead of waking up all night because she went to bed too early. LeeAnn also decided to go to bed early tonight since she has not been feeling well lately either. I tried to keep her up till 9:30 so that she would sleep through the night as well. Next I was waiting for the night nurse to come and Lili is miserable again. She hasn't woke up but she is very squirmy and keeps putting her hands in her mouth. I gave her some more motrin around 10pm. Work motrin, work. I feel so bad for her. If any of you are reading this and it is 10/4/06, please hope, wish, or pray that Lili is having a better day today. Besides that, things are good. LeeAnn and I realized that we were wearing ourselves down. If we want to continue to be as happy as can be when we are around Lili, we need to take care of ourselves as well. We decided to start a date night every other Wed. We went on our first one last week. It felt good to be out of the house TOGETHER, and we knew Liliana was in good hands and having a great time. Thank you nurses who are willing to rearrange your schedules to take care of Lili while we are out on our date night. Anyway, this is the second time I wrote this because it disappeared on me last time. I feel like I wrote it much better last time but hope you all enjoy it just as well. And now I am rambling so I'll end with the latest supermodel pics.

One more update. As I'm trying to upload pictures, Lili's alarm for her heart rate went off. She's still not feeling well and it is after 12:00. I went in ther to give her some love and wouldn't you know it, she had spit up. Poor baby! We got that cleaned up and she still wasn't feeling well. I tried to give her some oragel which she fought me with the whole way trying to keep me away from her teeth. After a few seconds she went to sleep. Teeth feeling a little better. Thank you oragel! If only you lasted a lot longer. I hope you have a better night sweet angel!!!

Picture 1- Pretty Pretty Princess!!! Picture 2 & 3- Sleeping beauty. Picture 3- Beautiful girl and her teeth.

Comments:
No one must have read the BLOG yet today because Lili still feels miserable. Someone please read it soon!!!
 
Oh...I hope she feels better. I read Lili's blog regularly and have enjoyed all of the updates. Well wishes from Ohio.
 
Hi sweet Liliana. I'm sorry I missed your update yesterday. I worked until 6 at my work and then went to Elder's to work a second shift. I am so sad I didn't get to see that you are feeling bad til now. I miss you so much and can't wait to see you on Saturday. I need to talk to mommy to see if it is still O.K.
I hope that you are feeling better today. Mommy and daddy need you to feel better so that they can feel better too.
Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL. You get prettier and prettier every day.
Logan had to stay home from the babysitter today because he was sick. Maybe he is sympathy sick because he knows that you feel bad too.
Hugs and kisses sweet angel.
I love you and your mommy and daddy!
Nana
 
Hey Lili, I hope that you are feeling better. Those teeth can be such a miserable thing!! Your Dad and Mom take such awesome care of you!!!

Glad to hear about your Mom and Dads date nights. They need to take good care of themselves so they can take great care of you!!

Love you all and miss you sooooooo much!!!!

XOXOXO
Stacey
 
Well, we still have an unhappy baby on our hands! It is 8:13pm on Thursday night and she just woke up at 7:30pm to spit-up, cry and fall back asleep :( Poor angel, I hate not being able to fix things! I am also, still not feeling well. I am on an antibiotic and have a scheduled CT-scan in the nest week or so to take a look at my nasal and ear canals. Time will tell...
Inner ear dysfunctions are not fun!
Well, hope you are feeling better Logan, we love you!
David, LeeAnn and Liliana Sue
 
David and Leanne,
You are doing such a great job! I love to view your blog and read about what's going on. David you are so funny sometimes and the pictures are beautiful. Lili is getting so big! I hope Lili and Leanne are feeling better soon. I look forward to seeing more updates. Take care!
 
Poor Lili!!! I hate when kids are sick. It is definitely no fun to see them sick and to feel so helpless. I love Lili's new pictures. She is so precious. LeeAnn, I hope your CT scan goes well and feel better soon. We'll keep the prayers coming from Lansing for all of you. I am so glad you guys are starting to do something for yourselves. Enjoy your date nights!!!! Love and miss you all.

The Perkins Family
 
Sorry i missed all the action Lili with teeth oh my shes getting big i was off work for a couple of days and missed this up date hope your feeling better LeeAnn take careof yourself and Lili see you later.
 
Lili you are getting to be such a big girl and you are so cute! Clare recently cut her two top and bottom teeth, we feel your pain! Date night sounds like a wonderful idea...enjoy your time together out on the town. Lee, I hope you feel better soon. Get some rest and take the time to take care of yourself :) I'll talk to you soon!
Love to all three of you-
Ann
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?