Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

Not To Worry

As you may or may not know, I went to Children's Hospital in Detroit this past Tuesday for a routine bronchoscopy.
This was the first one that I have ever had. Mommy and daddy were nervous for me because they would have to put me under general anesthesia to do the procedure. I was nervous too. I woke up that morning just knowing that it was not going to be an ordinary day. I was not myself. We left our house at 8:30 in the morning and did not get home until after 6:00 in the evening. We were at the hospital all day for what is supposed to be a fairly short procedure lasting only several minutes if everything is normal. There was no reason we should have been there so long. Most of the time we were just sitting around waiting and wondering what we were waiting for because no one was keeping us informed. When they finally took me into the operating room, it was already 2+ hours after the time I was scheduled. After about 15 minutes, the doctor talked to mommy and daddy and told them that everything looks really good. The only thing was the I had some swelling and redness above my tracheostomy which the doctor thinks is from gastric reflux. He started me back on Reglan. When I was brought into recovery, mommy and daddy were there waiting for me. Good thing they were there because I don't think the nurses could have cared less about me. They did not have any suction equipment hooked up for me, and they did not even connect me to any kind of monitor to check my oxygenation or heart rate...I've only been on one since I've been born and for good reason. Anyway, mommy and daddy took care of me in recovery while the nurses carried on. I don't remember how long I was there because I was a little out of it still. I do remember that there was a wall mounted TV in there just like at home. There were some cartoons on so I watched and it kept me happy. After a while they said we were ok to leave. We went home and I slept the rest of the night. I woke up the next day as happy as can be. I handled it like a big girl. Mommy and daddy were so proud of me. Next time they will be a little less nervous, and so will I. Once again, mommy and daddy started Reglan, and once again I am spitting up twice as much. If this keeps up it will only make my swelling and redness worse. I think mommy is going to call the doctor and get everything figured out. Anyway, that is what I did this week. I just wanted you all to know that I am doing great. Daddy will post some pictures as soon as he can. Love you all and thanks for caring about me!

Comments:
Hi sweet Lili.
Grandma Bino had the whole world praying for you on your surgery day. We just knew you were going to come through like a champ.
Sorry to hear the nursing staff wasn't very attentive. Shame on them! Thank goodness that is over. Make sure that you give mommy tons of kisses on her special day today. I love you!!! Nana
 
Sounds like it was a very busy, long day. It is a good thing you are such a good natured little girl!! Glad the surgery went great and I hope you don't have to go through that anytime soon. Give your mom tons of those slobbery kisses on her birthday and I will talk to both of you tonight!! XOXOXO
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?