Thursday, December 04, 2008

 

Latest Pics

Here are a few pics to hold you over until I post some images from my recent birthday party. Things have been going well. If you haven't heard, I had a really bad cold. I am much better now and was well just in time for my birthday party. Good thing, I had a blast with my cousins! There is a good chance I had my first bout with RSV. My nose was draining water like a faucet and I was coughing non stop. I had a couple of low grade fevers. To give me a break from the runny nose and coughing, mommy and daddy had to give me benadryl pretty much around the clock. Without it, I probably wound not have gotten any sleep. I went to the doctor and got some antibiotics early in my infectious process. Two days later when the antibiotics were not working and my illness progressed to a respiratory rate of over 50 (on my vent), a heart rate over 150, a fever, requiring oxygen, and difficult to keep awake despite 14 hours of sleep, mommy and daddy knew it was time to take me in. The ER said it was most likely viral and tested me for RSV although no one ever gave us any results. They also did a chest x-ray which was normal, did some deep suctioning and gave me some breathing treatments. They then sent us home stating that they could not do any more than what we are already doing for her at home. I ended up sleeping just about all of the next two days away before I was getting back to my normal self. Mommy and daddy were exhausted from all the extra care I needed, but they did an excellent job of getting me better. Poor daddy had less than 10 hours of sleep in 3 days. Anyway, I'm back to normal now and enjoyed an excellent third birthday. Enjoy the pictures below and keep an eye out for by birthday pics.
I'm such a big girl now and do many big girl things as you can see. Picture one shows me drinking like a big girl. Pictures 2 and 3 show how I painted my finger and toenails like a big girl. I can even do push ups like a big girl as you can see in pictures 4 and 5. You can see how strong I am getting. I can push my upper body up off the ground holding my head up and everything. I'm even trying to crawl around all by myself. I'm such a snuggle bear. I just love to snuggle with my mommy and daddy. Out of nowhere, I will give them big hugs and say "I love you mommy or I love you daddy". Picture 6 is me snuggling with daddy at the computer. I've gotten so good at playing my games on the computer it's rediculous. I look like an adult when I am playing. I fugured out how to use the touch pad on daddy's laptop and can find my own websites and pick and play games all by myself. Pictures 7-12 were my first out to dinner experience. Mommy and daddy took me to Rainforest Cafe. I absolutely loved. I talked about it for a month and talked about going back just about every day. Picture 13 shows one of my butterflies that I got from the resturaunt, do you see how it landed right on my nose? In case you don't know, I absolutely love trains!!! Picture 14 shows me playing with one of my many trains. I love trains so much, I even had a train theme birthday party. Picture 15 shows my playing the computer like a big girl with a couple of my cousins, Abigail and Gabriel. I love to sit in boxes or whatever else. Pictures 14, 16 and 19 are good examples. Picture 17 shows a doll that I got from one of daddy's friends at work. The doll talks and eats and goes to the bathroom. I love her lots. Thank you Shannon! The next picture is just my beautiful self. I hope you enjoyed and don't forget to keep an eye open for my birthday pics. Love you all lots! Take care of yourselves.

Comments:
December 6, 1978 and 2005-
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE TWO SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT PEOPLE IN MY LIFE!!!! To my husband, you are an amazing person, father and nurse! You have always provided for me and supported me with everything I do...even when I knew you did not want to :) Thank you for being my best friend and hubby!
To my daughter, from the moment I laid eyes on you, I fell in love! I will never forget how beautiful you were when you were born, you had the sweetest face and a nose that just melted my heart. You have endured more in three years than most people will have to endure in a life time and yet you wake every morning with a smile on your face, a glimore in your eye and you are off and running! What an amazing journey you have taken the three of us on...I can't imagine life any other way! Thank you for being my inspiration everyday and for teaching me alot about life. You are truly a wonderful and very special little girl. I know that you will continue to touch the lives of everyone that you meet! God has certainly blessed my life with YOU! I love you SOooo much-
XOXOX
Mommy -
 
Lili,
I am so glad you are feeling so much better. When Uncle Jack found out from Great Grandma Loveland how sick you were, I was worried sick. Lucky for me your Nana was home and told me she would keep me informed of your progress. God sure is watching over you little one. We realize that you need to get a bug now and then so you resist them easier, but it sure is hard to see you get sick. Can't wait to see the birthday pictures. Love you,
Aunt Cheri
 
I am so grateful to find the blog about your beautiful daughter, Liliana. My son, Silas, who is 29 days old, is currently in the hospital undergoing tests for an underlying myopathy. His symptoms seem similar to your daughter's early symptoms. He had a muscle biopsy on Monday and we will know the results this coming Monday, in the meantime, his breathing is being assisted by a ventillator and the entire saga is incredibly scary. Seeing Liliana's story has given my husband, John, and I hope and inspiration that Silas too will be okay.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?